SINGAPORE INTERNATIONAL ENERGY WEEK 2021 GLOBAL LAUNCH
WEDNESDAY, 28 APRIL 2021 | 3 PM TO 4:30 PM (SGT)
Mr Ngiam Shih Chun, Chief Executive of the Energy Market Authority, will start the webinar with Opening Remarks announcing this year’s theme. This will be followed by report launches on energy industry trends and an interactive panel discussion on Emerging Opportunities in Green Energy in Asia.
SIEW 2021 Global Launch Programme:
Mr Ngiam Shih Chun, Chief Executive, Energy Market Authority
Report Launches on Energy Trends
Industry Panel Discussion - Emerging Opportunities in Green Energy in Asia
As Asian economies recover, there is greater emphasis on green growth and sustainable energy developments to meet increasing energy demand. Smarter cities, electrification, digitalisation, low carbon technologies offer immense potential and business opportunities. Against this backdrop, this panel will discuss the role of the private sector and businesses in pursuing green growth to facilitate the energy transition, and the challenges and opportunities of promoting low carbon energy in Asia.
- How can businesses leverage on the opportunities for green growth in the region?
- As economies recovers from the pandemic, how will the energy mix change moving forward, and how will that impact energy investments in Asia?
- How do we scale up low carbon ambitions for a region as diverse as Asia to balance energy demands, carbon constraints and growth?
- What are some ways we can ensure inclusivity and sustainability, to ensure a fair and just energy transition?
• Yulanda Chung, Head of Sustainability, Institutional Banking Group, DBS
• Sylvie Ouziel, International President, Envision Digital
End of Global Launch
The Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW) is an annual platform for energy professionals, policymakers and commentators to discuss and share best practices and solutions within the global energy space. SIEW 2021 will be held from the 25-29 October at Marina Bay Sands.
About the Energy Market Authority
The Energy Market Authority (EMA) is a statutory board under the Ministry of Trade and Industry. Our main goals are to ensure a reliable and secure energy supply, promote effective competition in the energy market and develop a dynamic energy sector in Singapore. Through our work, the EMA seeks to forge a progressive energy landscape for sustained growth. Please visit www.ema.gov.sg for more information.